If children are to grow and develop in their sport or physical activity, an environment of positive communication and respect must exist. Parents should observe the following Code of Conduct with their child athletes. The following code is taken from a resource manual developed for community coaches by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES).
1. I will play by the rules and in the spirit of the game.
2. I will control my temper - fighting and “mouthing off” can spoil the activity for everybody.
3. I will respect my opponents.
4. I will do my best to be a true team player.
5. I will remember that winning isn’t everything - that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are as important.
6. I will acknowledge all good plays/performances - those of my team and of my opponents.
7. I will participate because I want to, not just because my parents or coaches want me to.
8. I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
9. I agree to Play Fair.
Print Name Signature Date
Parents: Please review this document with your child and have them print their name, sign and date the Ahtlete’s Code of Conduct. Please have your Manager keep a copy till the lacrosse year is over. Link to PDF